Apple Butter Ribs (I used the recipe except I sprinkled the ribs with Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb seasoning and left out the Salt, Pepper, and onion), Stroganoff flavored Noodles, Peas
Mexican Tuesday - Mexican Pizza for hubby and I. For my little men who don't like it, Soft Tacos. :)
Easy Wednesday - Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Rice, Green Beans
Thursday - Leftovers from Family Thanksgiving Lunch
Friday Pizza & Dessert Night - Homemade Pizza & Shortcut Apple Danishes (For my little guys, I'll leave out the apple pie filling for theirs.)
Something New Saturday - Cornbread Muffins (The link is to where I got the idea, however, I am just gonna use Jiffy corn muffin mix and place the hot dogs down in the muffins before baking.) , Knockoff Olive Garden Salad & Dressing
Hubby Cook Sunday - Hamburgers on Toasted Buns, Corn on the Cob, Mac-n-cheese
Have a great Thanksgiving week everyone! And don't forget to check out the other menu and recipe ideas at Menu Plan Monday Linky Party.
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
I based my recipe on the this one from The Country Cook. However, in true Ashlyn fashion I changed it a bit.
(Confession: It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to make any recipe exactly as stated. Why that is I do not know but it is just one, of the many, quirky things about me.)
5 fairly thick Boneless Porkchops
2 1oz. packages of Brown gravy mix
2 1/2 cups hot water
1 can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
I placed the prokchops in the crockpot. Then I mixed the hot tap water and gravy mix until blended. I poured that over the porkchops. Dumped in the cream of chicken and broke it up a bit in the gravy mixture. Set on Low for 8 hours and oh my goodness was it DELICIOUS!!!!! :) The gravy it made was so good over the mashed potatoes!
That reminds me...my scrumptious mashed potatoes.
2 1/2 cups water
4 Tbsp. margarine or butter
1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
2 2/3 cups Hungry Jack potato flakes
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. garlic powder, to taste
1/4 tsp pepper, to taste
Bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in cheese. When mostly melted, stir in potatoe flakes and milk. Then add sour cream, garlic and pepper and blend well. Serve and Enjoy!
I received the "Tell Me About Yourself" award from Julianne at Sew Fantastic and I went crazy! Jumping in my seat, calling my hubby to tell him. Oh my goodness, my FIRST award!
Whoot! It made my day! :)
Thank you so, so much Julianne for passing this award to me!
You should really check out Julianne's blog, Sew Fantastic!
She has some AMAZING tutorials and recipes.
I made her cinnamon roll cake for my boys and they raved about it.
I'm not allowed to buy store bought cinnamon rolls anymore, they want cake! Lol
Now the rules for this award are:
1.I must tell 7 things about myself
2. I must pass this on to 15 other bloggers
Okay, 7 things about me...hmmm...
1. I am a homeschool mom to my two WONDERFUL sons.
2. I got married when I was 15 years old to my soul mate.
(Because I loved him, not because I was pregnant or in any kind of situation)
3. I love the Lord with all my heart but I still struggle with giving Him the time He deserves. I just pray that He knows that His love gives me the strength I need everyday to be the best me I can be!
4. I want to be great at everything my first try! Even-though I know its impossible to be a master your first time doing whatever, I still get disappointed when I'm not.
5. My favorite seasons are Fall & Winter because I would rather be cold. And it holds my all time favorite holidays! ;)
You can always put more clothes on...you can't take enough off...
6. I love to cook for people...family, friends, strangers...I like to see the joy that a meal can bring to someone's life. Some of my best memories are centered around good people and good food!
7. I like to dance in the rain...to have mud fights in the rain...to just be in the rain...
but I loathe cleaning up mud
So there I am in 7 things...I'm pretty awesome...that's what you were thinking, right?! Heehee ;)
Without further ado...
Here are the lucky 15 bloggers!
4. Vixen Made
11. Magpie's Nest
12. The Penny Parlor
14. Then She Made...